Location: Queen and Saulter (Behind the library)
Regular Hours: Monday, Thursday, Friday: 9 am to 1:30 pm, Tuesday: 1pm – 5:30pm, Saturday: 9am – 12:30pm
Age: 0-6 years
The south riverdale drop-in is my favourite drop-in especially for infants and toddlers. It is also one of the only ones that keep their website up-to-date! You can find their latest schedule here: http://srcpc.org/
It is much smaller than most drop-ins which are like gyms so they cater much more to infants. Circle time has more baby friendly songs. They are also one of the only drop-ins that are open in the afternoon (Tuesdays only). Wednesday there are generally field trips (must pre-register).
Why I love it:
- Shoes off environment, very clean and good for crawlers.
- Best circle time for infants, lots of kneebouncers.
- Very organized circle time everyone joins in.
- Lots of mats for infant play.
- Usually do extra circle times if you miss it and it’s not too busy.
- Open in the afternoon on Tuesday.
- Open on Saturday during school year.
They also have a toy library and they run a baby class called Baby Love which is similar to the city program living and learning with baby.
Jacob has a tendency to sleep through morning circle every day so the fact that do an extra circle time if there some babies there around 1pm is awesome.